In this post, prospective corps members will get a complete guide on how to register for NYSC mobilization and guidelines for online registration and NYSC Re-validation. I also advise you join the Facebook group and telegram channel to get assistance and latest NYSC news on mobilization.
How to Register for NYSC – Registration Guide
Before you proceed to the NYSC portal for registration, ensure you have fulfilled the following requirements and possess the documents listed below;
- Check Your Name on JAMB Matriculation List
- Check Your Name on the NYSC Senate List
- Valid Phone Number and Email Address
- Get your NYSC Medical Fitness Certificate
- Scanned Copies of Passport Photographs
- Matriculation Number (For locally trained graduates)
- Get Your Letter of Evaluation (Only for Foreign Graduates from Institutions whose accreditation is in doubt)
- NYSC Certificate Verification – (Only for Foreign Graduates)
- Foreign graduates will require the following documents;
- First Degree or HND
- Official Transcript
- O’Level or its equivalent
- International Passport
How to Register for NYSC Mobilization
Here are instructions and guidelines on how to register for NYSC and tips to guide PCMs during NYSC Online registration.
1. Visit the NYSC Registration Portal on https://portal.nysc.org.ng
2. If you are registering for the first time, click on the mobilization link eg. “Mobilization Batch A, 2020”
3. If you have registered previously and did not complete your Registration or Submit, do not create a new account instead click on “Login Here” to continue your registration with your previous Username and Password.
4. The Revalidation link is only for those mobilized in previous batches, but did not go to the Orientation Camp.
5. Do not thumb print by proxy.
6. Apply for Name Correction on your dashboard.
7. Make sure the passport photograph uploaded is very clear.
8. Do not forget the Username and Password used during your Online Registration
9. Cross- check your records before submission to avoid wrong details.
10. The portal is also open for part-time graduates, register online so as to be able to print your Exclusion Letter on your dashboard , when PCMs are enabled to print their Call-up Letters.
11. PCMs with wrongly uploaded Thumbprint and Passport Photographs during Online Registration to contact our States Secretariat before the commencement of the Orientation Exercise.
12. Nigerian trained graduates who are exempted from service should make sure they collect their Exemption Certificate on time. NYSC will only allow corrections within three (3) months from the date of Online Registration.
13. PCMs who are in the Medical profession are to come with their licence, those with expired licence are advised to renew their licences before going to camp. Married Female PCMs can request for concessional posting online during registration, upload all necessary documents.
You can do your NYSC registration in a cyber cafe nearest to you. Cyber cafes can also provide assistance if you are experiencing any difficulties and their fees are very affordable, for more information read about Cost of NYSC Registration and Callup Letter Printing at Cyber Cafe.
These are guidelines on how to register for NYSC mobilization. If you follow these instructions carefully, you will successfully register for NYSC mobilization without issues.
Solution to Registration Problems on NYSC Portal
When registering for NYSC mobilization, you may see a messages saying“Sorry you are not in this stream. You will be notified when to print your call-up letter”. or “You are in Stream 2. However, your institution has not submitted hard copy, be patient”.
This message means your school is yet to finalize the submission of your documents to NYSC office and this includes the hard copy. In some cases your name may be on the senate list but if NYSC is yet to receive the hard copy of your documents from your institution, you will not be able register for NYSC. Therefore, the solution to this problem is to kindly be patient and wait for your institution to submit all necessary document to NYSC.
TIPS TO GUIDE FOREIGN PCMs.
1. Upload your Original documents not photocopy.
2. Do not create multiple accounts.
3. Input your name correctly as it is on your certificate.
4. You can register anywhere you are, but you must thumbprint in Nigeria before going to camp.
5. Contact Federal Ministry of Education Abuja, if your Institution of study has not been evaluated to obtain Evaluation Letter.
6. Note that SSCE result uploaded must be equal or greater than four (4) years.
7. If you are exempted from service, you are to collect your Exemption Certificate at NYSC NDHQ.
8. Those excluded from service will print their Exclusion Letter on their dashboard Online.
9. Go to camp with your Original documents as uploaded online. Including translated version of your certificate.
10. For more information on the Mobilization process, click Foreign PCMs Requirements link on the Portal.
How to Register for NYSC Revalidation
Re-validation is only for those mobilized in previous batches, but did not go to the Orientation Camp. If you are registering for the first time, click on ” Registration for Mobilization”, then Click Fresh Registration.
Procedure to apply for Correction of Date of Birth.
- Get 19 or 20 digits WAEC Verification Pin from any First Bank branch.
- Login to your Dashboard with your Username and Password.
- Click on the Date of Birth link.
- Enter WAEC Verification Pin, select WAEC Type, Year of Exam and enter your Examination Number.
- Click on Verify button
- Click SUBMIT or CANCEL
Solution to NYSC Reg. Issues (No Record Found, Wrong/Invalid JAMB/Matric Number)
All PCMs are to contact their Institutions, if they are faced with the following challenges during Online Registration.
- Wrong or already used Matriculation Number.
- Invalid or Wrong JAMB Number.
- No records found on the Senate list on the portal.
Change NYSC Name, Date of Birth, Course of Study, Degree and Qualification
All Prospective Corps Members are to make use of the links provided for them on their dashboard appropriately during Online Registration.
1. Name Correction a. Spelling Error b. Name Re-arrangement c. Name Replacement d. Name Addition e. Name Removal
2. Correction of Date of Birth.
3. Correction of Qualification.
4. Correction of Class of Degree.
5. Correction of Course of Study. Prospective Corps Members with disparity on the Course of Study uploaded online by their Institutions, that appears on the dashboard and that of the Statement of Result, should apply for Correction of Course of Study on their dashboard.
Note that your Institution are to effect the Correction of Course of Study. You will NOT be allowed to register in the Orientation Camp, if the Course of Study on your dashboard is not the same as that of your Statement of Result.
- NYSC Terms Corpers Must Know
- What to Expect in NYSC CAMP
- NYSC Allowance for Doctors and Pharmacist
- NYSC Registration Fee