There are some very important things which are required in NYSC orientations camps. Here is a list of documents and items which every prospective corps member should not forget to take to NYSC camp.
As mobilization for the next batch of NYSC is set to commence, prospective corps members should note that there are some very important items you shouldn’t forget to pack when going for the mandatory 3 weeks orientation exercise at NYSC camps. The post will provide a list of documents and items you should take to NYSC camp.
Some of the item listed below can be purchased at the camp but it is advisable get your NYSC CAMP kit and other items before travelling because items sold at the “Mami” market are VERY expensive.
NYSC Items YOU must NOT forget.
- Documents(Green Card etc) and Photocopies (make copies)
- Call-up letter (Do NOT Laminate)
- Statement of Result/transcript (Do NOT Laminate)
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Do NOT Laminate)
- School ID card
- Passport photographs
- Certificate of Medical Fitness from government or military hospital
- WAEC or NECO SSCE Certificate
- Your BVN
Note: These items are very important. Failure to provide these items means you will not to be allowed into Camp and will not be registered for NYSC.
Other Items you will need for camp are;
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Bath soap & Sponge
- Detergent & Bar Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Sanitary Pads & Tampons
- Shower Caps
- Buckets & Bailer
- Body Cream & Lotion
Items like buckets can be purchased at camp.
- Clothing Items
- White T-shirts
- White Shorts
- Whites tennis shoes
- White socks
- Bed sheets
- Perfumes/ body spray
- Rubber slippers/flip flops
- Combs and hair needs
- Makeup & accessories
Other recommended items
- Torch lights
- Mosquito nets/mosquito repellent
- Food flasks, cups, drinking flasks & cutlery
- Cloth hangers
- Wrist watch
- Padlocks and keys
- Waist pouch
- Handkerchiefs/face towels/Kleenex
- First Aid Items will be given at camp
Last on the list is MONEY – Enough money.