They are some very important things which are required in NYSC orientations camps. Here is a list of things to which every prospective corps member should not forget to take to NYSC camp.
If you are preparing for NYSC orientation there are some very important items which prospective corps members shouldn’t forget to pack when going for the mandatory 3 weeks orientation at their NYSC camps. Although some of these items can also be gotten at camps and some are not but its more economical to get them before you get to camp because items sold at the Mami market are VERY expensive.
- Documents(Green Card etc) and Photocopies (make copies)
- Call-up letter (Do NOT Laminate)
- Statement of Result/transcript (Do NOT Laminate)
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate (Do NOT Laminate)
- School ID card
- Passport photographs
- Certificate of Medical Fitness from government or military hospital
- Student from foreign universities(Benin Republic and Ghana etc) where accreditation is in doubt, must have their letter of evaluation.
- WAEC or NECO SSCE Certificate
- Your BVN
Note: These items are very important. Failure to provide these items means you will not to be allowed into Camp and will not be registered for NYSC.
Other Items you will need for camp are;
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Bath soap & Sponge
- Detergent & Bar Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Sanitary Pads & Tampons
- Shower Caps
- Buckets & Bailer
- Body Cream & Lotion
Items like buckets can be purchased at camp.
- Clothing Items
- White T-shirts
- White Shorts
- Whites tennis shoes
- White socks
- Bed sheets
- Perfumes/ body spray
- Rubber slippers/flip flops
- Combs and hair needs
- Makeup & accessories
Other recommended items
- Torch lights
- Mosquito nets/mosquito repellent
- Food flasks, cups, drinking flasks & cutlery
- Cloth hangers
- Wrist watch
- Padlocks and keys
- Waist pouch
- Handkerchiefs/face towels/Kleenex
- First Aid Items will be given at camp
Last on the list is MONEY – Enough money.
Persons who studied in Nigeria should bring to camp: Degree/HND Certificates or Statement of Results, Personal Identity Card from Institution of graduation.
Foreign graduates should bring for verification, original copies of ALL their uploaded credentials and travel documents including International passport.
Foreign graduates are to ensure that academic paper(s) in Languages other than English must be translated into English accordingly; both versions must be presented for verification at the camp.
iii. Medical/veterinary Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Physiotherapists Nurses and Public Environmental Health graduates should bring their professional licenses or certificates of full registration issued by their professional bodies.