NECO GCE Registration: Instructions & Guidelines
The National Examination Council (NECO) GCE announced the commencement of the sales of application form for 2018/2019 SSCE Senior School Certificate Examination for External Candidates.
This NECO GCE 2018 Nov/Dec Senior School Certificate Examination (external) is majorly for candidates not in the School system.
2018 NECO GCE November/December
- Non-refundable fees during Registration fee.
- The accredited cyber cafes or computer internet centres and facilities is highly important as the Council will not be accountable for any error encounted during Registration by candidates. (A list of suggested cyber cafes nationwide where candidates can log on to register are available on the NECO official website – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the online scratch card before registration.
- Handbooks would be issued to Candidates, they should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should adhere strictly to this, their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- They following rules apply; Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication devices are disallowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with armsless cloths.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Multiple entries means those candidate who intentionally register their NECO GCE SSCE Examination twice. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Late entry into the Examination venue is not allowed, No such candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.
How to Apply for 2018/2019 NECO GCE
- Candidates intending to register for the 2018 November/December NECO GCE Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) are hereby notified that registration will be done using the 2018 NECO GCE registration website mynecoexams.com. Registration can be done on the website at any time within the stipulated registration period.
- Candidate recent Passport Photograph will be required during on-line registration. The candidate’s passport photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must be of white background.
- YOUR PERSONAL DATA, BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED ALONG WITH THE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD ENSURE THAT THEIR BOTH FINGERPRINTS AND EVERY OTHER NECESSARY DATA ARE INPUTED AND CAPTURED CORRECTLY DURING REGISTRATION.
- CANDIDATES WITH FINGERPRINTS NOT VERIFIED ON THE DAY OF THE EXAMINATION WILL BE DIS-ALLOWED TO SIT FOR THE NECO GCE EXAMINATION.
The NECO GCE Form Registration fee is Eleven Thousand Three Hundred and Fifty Naira (N11,350) only, excluding Fifty Naira (N50) Stamp Duty. All payment should be into NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) through the NECO website.
NOTE: THE REGISTRATION FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE USUAL SERVICE COST CHARGED FOR REGISTRATION BY THE ACCREDITED CYBER CAFES.
Registration period begins on Monday 16th July and ends on Tuesday 9th October, 2018 at 12.00 midnight.
NECO Exam Timetable
2018 NECO GCE Attestation/Photo Cards and Examination Timetable
In completion of the registration guidelines, every candidate must obtain the following from the internet café:
- Complete Time Table for the Examination; and
- One (1) clear copy of the NECO Attestation/Photo card; which should be presented for each examination. (Candidates should note that Attestation/Photo cards that are not clear will be disallowed at the examination hall).
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Attestation/Photo card should be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following:
- The Principal or vice principal of a recognized Senior Secondary school;
- An ordained clergyman;
- A commissioned officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain or its equivalent rank;
- A senior civil servant not below the rank of GL. 14;
- A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten year experience.
Important Information to Blind Candidates
This information is for Blind candidates who are to register like everyone else. However, the NECO State Officer of the state where they intend to write the examination should be notified of their physical status immediately after registration.
2018 NECO GCE Examination Towns
Candidates should make their choice of the town where the examination will be held which have been grouped into examination towns/neighborhood
NECO GCE – Available Subjects.
Subjects available are:
- Agricultural Science
- English Language
- Health Science
- Physical Education
- Arabic Language
- Financial Accounting
- Further Mathematics
- Islamic Studies
- Christian Religious Study
*Note: Candidates should note that Nigerian Languages (Hausa, Igbo & Yoruba) include Literature.