The JAMB 2019 CAPS Admission portal is an online platform were UTME and Direct Entry candidates can either accept or reject provisional admission given to them by JAMB.
Student can accept/reject provisional JAMB CAPS admission by logging into JAMB profile via the JAMB portal .
All candidates who sat for the JAMB 2019 UTME examinations and have successfully undergone admission screening at their school of choice can check their JAMB 2019 CAPS admission status from their JAMB profile.
Here you will learn how to accept or reject 2019 admission on JAMB 2019 CAPS portal.
What is JAMB CAPS?
CAPS means Central admission processing system, The JAMB Central admission processing system(CAPS) is a new method of admission which was introduced by JAMB in 2017. The system which has proven to be successful is now being used for UTME and Direct Entry admission.
Below are some in key feature of JAMB Central Admission Processing System ( CAPS );
1. O/L Results Upload, Requirement for Admission Consideration
2. Interface with NECO & WAEC for automated Results Verification
3. Candidates’ Confirmation of Admission Offer
4. “Market Place” to Source Candidates
5. Automatic Enforcement of Admission Timelines
Top Advantages of JAMB CAPS Admission System
1. Efficient Use of Time and Resources
2. Automation Minimises Human Errors
3. Eliminates Multiple Admissions
4. Significantly reduces Attrition Rate
4. Enforces Respect for Internal Rules & Discourages Arbitrariness
6. Provides for Instant Admission
7. Makes Candidates the Central Focus
Facts to note about JAMB CAPS
– Scoring higher than the cut-off mark does not guarantee admission but makes the candidate eligible for admission consideration. It is not UTME that qualifies the person. It is O level, A level that qualifies a person for admission.
– Also only candidates who meet the O’ level and A’ level requirements and other criteria set by institutions would be offered admission in 2018/2019.
How to Check JAMB 2019 CAPS on PC using registration number
After successfully sitting for post UTME screening exercise, you can now log into the JAMB 2019 CAPS portal to either accept or reject any provisional admission offer to you by your school of choice.
Below is a guide on how to confirm your JAMB 2019 admission status using your registration number;
- Step 1: Log into your JAMB Profile via the JAMB E-facility portal at www.jamb.org.ng/efacility .
- Step 2: Enter your Email Address and Password in the required columns then login.
- Step 3: Locate and click on ‘Check 2019 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS‘.
- Step 4: Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
- Step 5: Locate and click on the ‘Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
- Step 6: You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
Steps to Check JAMB 2019 CAPS Admission using Phone
If you previously tried checking your jamb caps admission status using the process listed above but unfortunately you see a message showing “Welcome” after logging into your JAMB 2019 Profile, this is because you are using an incompatible device but not to worry because all you have to do is follow these steps;
- Step 1: Open Chrome Browser on your Phone
- Step 2: Click Options, then select request desktop site.
- Step 3: Login your JAMB profile via www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Step 4: Locate and click on ‘Check 2019 UTME/DE Admission Status on CAPS‘.
- Step 5: Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
- Step 6: Locate and click on the ‘Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
- Step 7: You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’
Note that once you accept an admission, it can’t be reversed. – If you reject the admission, your profile and details becomes available in the market place for other institutions that can accept the qualification you have for the course you intend to study to offer you admission.
Meaning of Notification on JAMB CAPS Dashboard
When confirming your JAMB 2019 CAPS admission status on the JAMB Portal, you may see some of the notifications listed below;
- Not Admitted – If you see “NOT Admitted” on JAMB CAPS Dashboard, it means your school hasn’t offered you any admission yet. You are advised to check back later.
- Recommended/Admission in Progress – If your school is yet to release admission list, it will read: “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag ‘Admission Status’. Therefore the candidate would be unable to either click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button.
- CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED ADMISSION. – You have been offered provisional admission, You can choose to accept or reject it.
- Accepted/Admitted – means your admission quest is successful.
How to Check JAMB CAPS Market Place for Provisional Admission.
The Market Place feature in CAPS provides flexibility for the Institutions to source for candidates who may not have earlier chosen the institution for Admission consideration. The List of Candidates selected from the Market Place are then pushed to JAMB who then notify the Candidates of Market Place consideration by Institutions. Candidate may Accept / Reject Market Place consideration, subject to a maximum of three (3) Market Place considerations at a time.
Below is a guide on how to check JAMB CAPS market place for admission;
- Go to JAMB portal at JAMB eFacility Portal .
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Locate and click on ‘Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status’ on CAPS.
- If the page only shows Welcome, do not worry. Just click on the options icon on your phone’s browser (located at the top right corner of the screen on Google Chrome) and change the view of the page from Mobile View to Desktop View.
- Click on Market Place on the left panel.
- After your details have been successfully loaded, check if you have been considered for admission.
This is how to access JAMB 2019 CAPS Admission Acceptance or Rejection page via your JAMB 2019 Profile. This post will be updated frequently with more admission tips and guide on how to gain JAMB admission. Below are answers to some frequently asked question about 2019 Post UTME and JAMB 2019 Admission.
When will schools start selling 2019 Post UTME forms
Nigeria Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education will commence the sales of 2019 post utme admission forms starting from May 2019. Candidates who scored above the required JAMB cut off mark can purchase the form of the preferred school and sit for the 2019 post UTME.
When will JAMB CAPS Start Giving 2019 Admission
The JAMB 2019 admission process has already commenced and the admission list of Nigerian schools will be announced shortly after the 2019 UTME ends. Some the questions which UTME candidates usually asked shortly after sitting for UTME are;
- Has JAMB started giving 2019 admission on caps portal.
- When will JAMB and School start giving admission in 2019
JAMB will start giving admission for 2019/2020 UTME candidates sometime in August 2019 and this is supposed to last till early 2020. JAMB admission usually closes few weeks after the commencement of the next JAMB registration. Read more about when JAMB CAPS will start giving admission to better understand the JAMB admission process.
Who gives admission School or JAMB?
There is no difference between JAMB admission and school admission, there are the same. The school offers you admission and then sends your records to JAMB. Your admission offer can be seen on the jamb caps portal in your jamb profile. When you accept it, JAMB will then begin to process your JAMB admission letter. If you reject the provisional admission offered to you in your JAMB CAPS portal, you will then be placed in the JAMB CAPS Marketplace to wait for other admission offers.
If your school releases admission list and you haven’t seen your admission offer in JAMB CAPS portal, this means your records are yet to be forwarded to JAMB. You can go ahead and start the admission acceptance process, but don’t forget to check and accept the admission in JAMB CAPs portal when it displays on the JAMB profile.
JAMB Deadline for uploading 2019 WAEC, NECO, NABTEB Results to Portal
The period given to JAMB candidates to upload their 2019 O’level(WAEC, NECO, NABTEB) results to the portal is from May to August. After this period, only candidates who meet all requirement will be considered for admission into any tertiary institution. So if your NECO or WAEC result aren’t complete and you want to register for JAMB, you now have the opportunity to provide them before the deadline for uploading of O’level to JAMB Portal, which is August.
Read more about – JAMB deadline for uploading o level result and how to upload results to JAMB portal.
When will JAMB CAPS Stop Giving 2019 Admission
JAMB will stop the 2019/2020 admission process in January 2020. By the end of January 2020, JAMB CAPS portal will stop giving provisional admission to UTME and Direct entry candidates. An official announcement will be giving to all schools to comply with the instruction.
Before the end of February 2020 all school are expected to have finished releasing their admission list and should be getting ready to roundup the registration of new students. If you have not yet been offered admission in your JAMB CAP account by February 2020, I advice you pick up JAMB 2019 form before the deadline. Read more about when JAMB CAPS will stop giving admission to better understand the JAMB admission process.
Now that you know how to accept or reject JAMB 2019 CAPS admission on the portal also know that JAMB admission process becomes more challenging each year and gaining admission into the University or polytechnics in Nigeria can be hectic but if you prepare for exams using the right materials and study hard, you will definitely get several admission offers when checking your JAMB CAPS portal. Goodluck!.