The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) was established vide LASEMA Law 16 of 2008 for emergency and disaster management in the State in pursuance to decree 12 of 1999 as amended by Act No. 50 of 1999 which established the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).
How to apply for Available Vacancy
The LASEMA recruitment portal is not active at the moment due to the fact that there are no available job vacancies. I advice you re-visit this page for updates on LASEMA jobs.
Functions of LASEMA
1) Be the umbrella body to co-ordinate the activities of relevant agencies in prevention and management of disasters in the State.
2) For the development of loss prevention programmes and procures necessary technology to mitigate identified emergency situation.
3) Prompt and adequate response as well as sustained interventions in any form of emergency or disaster in the State.
4) Co-ordinates activities of stakeholders and NGOs who jointly carry out strategies for emergency/disaster management in the State.
5) Provides relief materials/financial assistance to victims of various disasters in the State.
6) Respond promptly to any emergency at hand, which includes but is not limited to the following;
i. Fire fighting (co-ordinate with fire services).
ii. Flood Control
iii. Collapsed Building
v. Search and Rescue Operations
vi. Environmental Pollution
vii. Crowd control/cordon off affected areas.
viii. Public enlightenment on safety issues.
ix. Perform general life saving activities including provision of relief materials.
x. Clear and remove objects that constitute the carcass or remains of incidents.
LASEMA Response Unit Emergency Number
Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) has commenced an advocacy campaign across the three senatorial districts of the State to sensitize residents on the importance of the emergency toll free numbers 112/767, just as the State Government expressed readiness to ensure adequate and timely response to any form of Emergency/Security incidents in any part of the State.