The JAMB 2019 admission process has already commenced and the admission list of Nigerian schools will be announced shortly after the 2019 UTME ends. Some the questions which UTME candidates usually asked shortly after sitting for UTME are;
- Has JAMB started giving 2019 admission on caps portal.?
- When will JAMB and School start giving admission in 2019?
The first choice admission for public universities commenced from August 21 and will end on November 16. while the second choice admission for public universities will be from November 17 to December 17, 2019.
Students can monitor their JAMB status via the JAMB CAPS portal. Read How to login into JAMB CAPS Portal to check Admission Status.
Also the admission for calendar for private universities will be from August 21, 2019, to February 15, 2020.
JAMB 2019 Admission Process
To know when jamb caps portal will start giving admission in 2019, Below is a steps by step process of JAMB 2019 admission;
- JAMB 2019 Registration and Examinations
- Releasing and forwarding JAMB Results to Candidates and Institutions respectively
- Announcement of Official 2019 JAMB Cut off Marks for all schools.
- Awaiting Results Candidates upload their results to JAMB Portal
- Commencement of Post UTME Screenings
- Higher Institutions sends list of success candidates to JAMB
- JAMB CAPS Portal will be activated for acceptance and rejection of provisional admission offered
- Candidate prints Admission Letter and Proceeds to the Institution for further internal Admission Processing
- If Candidate Rejects Admission, s/he becomes available in the Market Place for further possible consideration for Admissions.
Here some important facts to note;
- After the 2019 UTME, JAMB will hold an admission policy meeting to determine the cut off marks and all modalities for admission of qualified candidates into Nigerian tertiary institutions for the 2019/2020 academic session. You can check the JAMB admission cut off marks here.
- According to JAMB, candidates with Awaiting Results can register for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examination (UTME). However any candidate who is yet to upload his/her O’level results to JAMB Portal before the deadline will not be offered provisional admission into any tertiary institution. This is done to avoid giving admission to candidates who are not qualified to be admitted. So therefore every candidate must meet the requirement. Read about the deadline for uploading of WAEC and NECO result to JAMB portal and how to upload O’level to JAMB portal.
Therefore JAMB will start giving admission to students via the JAMB CAPS portal as from August 2019. To learn how to check your JAMB CAPS admission status with mobile phone. While to check JAMB CAPS marketplace to know whether other school have offered you admission, simply follow the step below;
How to Check Jamb Caps Market Place Consideration
- Go to JAMB portal at JAMB eFacility Portal .
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Locate and click on ‘Check 2019 UTME/DE Admission Status’ on CAPS.
- If the page only shows Welcome, do not worry. Just click on the options icon on your phone’s browser (located at the top right corner of the screen on Google Chrome) and change the view of the page from Mobile View to Desktop View.
- Click on Market Place on the left panel.
- After your details have been successfully loaded, check if you have been considered for admission.
Read more about JAMB CAP Market Place.