This post will provide a guide on how to track Free to Air channels with your FTA decoders using the frequency and symbol rates that will be provided here.Note that some of the channels frequencies listed below are permanently FTA while others are Free temporarily.
Advantage of FTA (Channels and Receivers).
– They have a channel list of very entertaining and informative contents.
– You can watch various channels that’s show live sports games like soccer (EPL, La liga, UEFA champion league), Movie, Fashion, News etc
– They can receive hundreds of local and foreign channels.
– They offer HD Picture quality.
– The installation of the free-to-air dish and decoder can be done easily by your local technician.
– The Dish and decoder frequency channel settings are easy to input.
Hardware Requirements for FTA
1. Dish ( 90cm or 60cm)
2. KU band LNB
3. You will need Quality HD and MPEG 4 satellite receivers. Note that they are many fake FTA decoder in the market so ensure you buy from authorized dealers.
– Strong Receivers – See Price of Strong decoders
– Alphabox Decoder – N8,000 – N10,000- Qsat, Freesat, Viewsat etc N9,000 – N10,000
You can also contact an installer to purchase all the items listed above and also track and set up your free viewing.
Multiple satellites can be tracked using one dish thereby getting more FTA channels, this is done by using multiple LNB on one dish. Read more.
Updates of FTA Channels and How to Track Frequencies
Enter the following frequencies and symbol rate into your satelite receivers;
- CORE TV on Frequency 11675. Symbol Rate: 30000. Pol: H. Any decoder at all can get. Their feed if from KWESE TV with better commentary and pre match analysis. Transmitting in STANDARD EDITION with comparatively better pictures. Think its the best place to watch the remaining matches. Picture will blur a bit from screen sizes beyond 32inches but i can tell its the best of all the FTA on the platform. Some already have it.
- Some viewers are finding it difficult to watch the world cup matches 0n multi tv. Gtv scrambles anytime matches begin because they are on the multi tv platform. If you have digital tv signals you can watch instead of relying on satellite. But all hope not lost, there are some stations on the same satellite multi tv platform is on that view the matches. All you need is FULL DEFINITION (HD) 1080P decoder, go to INSTALLATION> SCANNING> BLINSCAN. New channels will be added after scanning including CAPITAL TV and VOLTA TV.. They are telecasting all the matches in FULL HD, meaning better pictures like Dstv. If your decoder is not hd, you dont have to worry yourself because that’s the only option now. Those with SATELLITE Tvs which are hd compliance can also blindscan to get them. You can post your questions for assistance.
>> Rescan your decoder for ONE HD TV on astra 2F satellites same place with MULTI TV TP 12605 V 30000 for high quality pictures
4. TSTV Nigeria channels are still FTA – See how to watch all TSTV channels for Free