Most African ladies suffer from traction alopecia, this is recession of the hairline due to chronic traction, or hair pulling. When a lady does various hair style frequently there is high chance of the scalp and hairline to recede due to excess tension. Tight braiding of the hair is a major cause of bald edges.
However, in some cases receding edges maybe as a result of the following;
1. Dead follicles
2. Illness or a reaction to some medication,
3. Aging and stress
5. Scalp conditions like seborrheic dermatitis, alopecia areata, and excessive styling.
7. pregnancy : postpartum
8. Drastic weight loss
9. Hormone imbalances like polycystic ovarian syndrome.
And for these I recommend you see a doctor.
In this post, we are going to sharing some tips to help ladies grow back edges in a short time and also prevent your hair from receding. These tips have proven to be very helpful to many ladies who suffer traction alopecia.
Tips and Treatment
1. Avoid using hair Extensions and Weaves too often as this causes much tension to the edges and will later lead to receding.
2. Natural Treatment Products made from either Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Rosemary, Biotin, Ginseng, Moringa, Lavender, Peppermint, Lemongrass, Centella and Zingiber are highly recommended. Haitain or Jamaican Black Castor Oil is popularly known to work wonders on edges. Use this products to moisturize and oil the scalp regularly.
3. Healthy Diet that contain essential vitamins and minerals such as Salmon (Omega 3 fatty acids), Nuts (great source of protein, & biotin), Eggs (Zinc & Iron), Carrots (Vitamin A), Dark Green Vegetables (Vitamin A & C), Lentils (Folic Acid), Poultry (great source of Protein) are good for help re-growth damaged edges.
Also watch these videos below, they will help you understand how to take better of your hair and grow back edges in a short time.