The submission stages for MIKANO Stem Undergraduate Competition is currently ongoing. This post will provide details on deadlines and how to apply for MIKANO Stem Competition.
About Mikano Stem
This is one of MIKANO’s 25th anniversary CSR initiative aimed at promoting education and creating opportunities for young technical students to gain skills in their technical field of education.
The competitions involves student creating a simulation design/model in their various field of study.
Stem creates a competitive environment for young nigerian students to show their skills.
Stem is a unique initiative, developed to identify, promote and reward creative university and college science, technology, engineering and mathematics students in nigeria. It is strictly for university students from the ages of 17-25.
Environmental science | General biology | Medicine and health | Behavioral and social sciences
Engineering | Technology | Mechanical | Technical | Electrical | Computer including renewable energies | Robotics
Civil | Electrical | Aeronautic | Chemical | Mechanical
Physical sciences – Physics | Computational astronomy | Theoretical mathematics
How To Participate
- This competition is open to all university students, both male and female between 17– 25 years: attending full time Universities in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria.
- Participation in this competition is FREE. Registration by participant is strictly online via a window in mikano website www.mikano-intl.com each student is required to come up with a viable simulation design that solves an economic problem or issue plaguing Nigeria.
- The idea and its design must be done in either a PowerPoint presentation or a video or even with both. Your design must be viable and directly in relevance to Nigeria
Competition Rules and Regulations
- The MIKANO STEM competition will take place between September & December 2018
- To participate in this competition you must be from 200 level upwards.
- You must be in a certified federal, state or private university in Nigeria.
- Submission must be in a word or power point presentation of not more than one (1) page or three (3) slides, via the MIKANO website for stage 1.
- Submission for stage 2 must be a detailed video and presentation of your simulation ideas/model.
- Only the first received entry will be valid if more than one entry is received from a participant.
- The only persons who may enter and be awarded prizes are Nigerian University students between the ages of 17-25, male and female.
- All prizes must be taken as offered and are not exchangeable or transferable.
- You can only enter the competition once.
- Graduate students are not allowed for this competition, only undergraduates.
- Submission must be in a WORD or POWER POINT presentation of not more tan one (1) page or three (3) slides. Via the Mikano Website for stage 1
- Submission for stage 2 must be a detailed video and presentation of your simulation ideas/model
N400,000 – The star prize for the best contestant from each categories
All students who make it to the second stage of the competition would get MIKANO plague, certificate of participation and amongst other things such as smart phones and Mikano branded gift items.