This post will provide a tutorial on how you can upgrade your MYTV Africa Strong SRT Decoder using the latest Strong satellite receiver software and how to scan for FTA Channels.
Upgrading your strong decoder gives you access to new and improved features and also enable your receiver to function properly by optimizing its performance. MYTV Africa is a pay cable provider currently functioning in Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Cameroon, Ethopia, Tanzania, Malawi, and Equatorial-Guinea.
How to Upgrade Strong Decoder using a USB flash drive
Requirements and Procedures to Upgrade Strong Decoders
Before you begin make sure you have the following;
A working Strong Decoder
- A USB flash drive – Make use you format the flash drive.
- Stable Power Supply – Ensure you are running on a stable power supply. AVOID POWER CUTS during the upgrade, this will damage your receiver.
- For the Latest Strong Decoder Software – Visit strong technology website, select your model and download your decoder software by clicking HERE.
- When the software download is complete, copy Strong Decoder Software into the flash.
- Switch on your decoder > Press Menu > USB > Data transfer > Choose the Flash drive > Select the software and press OK.
How to Scan Strong Decoder
To scan your strong SRT decoder for new FTA Channels
Simply: 1. Select any My TV channel
- Press the Menu button on the remote control handset
- Select Installation
- Enter 0000 for PIN, or your earlier stored PIN
- Select Auto Scan
- Enter the satellite Frequency and Symbol Rate or Select 16E Eutelsat 16 for Satellite (My TV new parameters are 12.521GHz / H / 30000) – Get Latest FTA Frequencies
- Select On for Network Search and Press OK to Scan
- Please wait till Search is completed
- Press “EXIT” to Save!