RCCG 2019 Fasting and Prayer Points Day 1 – 11 January 2019
2019 FORTY NINE DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE
PREAMBLE: Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. Isaiah 60:1-4
We thank God for bringing us to year 2019 the year of His glory. We saw the glory ahead in the immediate year past, and as soon as we entered into the New Year 2019, we have begun swimming in glory. In the midst of so much turbulence in the past, God’s faithfulness to His promises remains steadfastly solid. This will forever be a rallying point for counting on His unfailing everlasting arms of strength by which we can boast; “Our help in ages past and our hope for the years to come.”
From the above passage, it is certain that there had been a time of darkness and obscurity. But now the Lord has intervened as He usually does being a merciful Father. Today, whatever we are going through as a Nation and as an individual, are all known to God and He will undoubtedly intervene. all these are working out the purpose of God for our lives Rom. 8:28. However God is now calling us again to carry His light burdens in this 49 days fasting and prayers to move His finger against His enemies and His hands upon his Children to see prophesies fulfilled and swim in abundance of God’s Glory.
The following are some guidelines and prayer points that will be helpful during the period; from Friday 11th January to Thursday 28th February, 2019. May you be blessed in the Name of Jesus.
FRIDAY 11th Jan 2019
DAY 1: WORSHIP AND THANKSGIVING (PS. 103:1)
1. Praise and worship God and adore Him for His great and mighty works. Exo 15:11.
2. Worship God for who He is. 1 Chron. 29:11-14; Psa. 96:9
3. Thank God because none of your family members is missing.
4. Bless the Lord and praise Him continually for He has done marvelous things for us Psalms 34:1
5. Count your blessings and praise Him for His goodness and mercies to us in year 2018. Psalms 23:6
6. Praise the Almighty who has not allowed the evils of our family backgrounds to drag us to the ground.
7. Thank God for being our shield and shelter from the storms of life. Psalms 3:3
8. Thank God very sincerely for His faithfulness in the past monthly and special programmes at home and abroad.
9. Thank God for being our help in ages past and our hope for this new years . Psa. 90:1
10. Thank God for His mercy that is renewed upon us every morning. 1 Chron. 16:3
11. Thank Him for all the prophecies being fulfilled and prayers already answered and the glory encountered.