This post will features some of the top south African gospel praise songs from various contemporary gospel music minister from South Africa.
South Africa praise and worship music has grown and become very popular over the years. SA gospel music is regarded as one of the best gospel music industry in Africa today.
Most especially the choir gospel music, which has been getting a lot of global recognition. The SA gospel choir, Joyous Celebration is one of Africa’s most successful gospel acts. The group were recently invited by celebrity pastor T.D. Jakes to record the album live at The Potter’s House Church in Dallas, Texas.
Another popular SA music group is Soweto Gospel Choir. Soweto Gospel Choir was Founded in 2002 and by the end of the year 2002 their first album “Voices of Heaven” was recorded and went on to reach the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s World Music Chart within 3 weeks of its release in the US.
1. Rebecca Malope is a multi-award winning South African gospel singer. She is known as African Queen of Gospel music through out her career that has been spinning for 30 years, she sold at least 10 million albums in South Africa making her one biggest selling artists in South Africa all the time.
2. Joyous Celebration is an inspirational group, which comprises of loving interpretations of existing spirituals.
3. Winnie Mashaba is a popular SA Gospel artist with over 15 albums! Winnie is one of the best selling gospel music artists in the country!
4. Deborah Fraser is a gospel legend who started as a backing singer in 1985 & recorded her own album in 2000 tittled Abanye bayombona. The album has sold over 700 000 copies.
5. Hlengiwe Mhlaba is one of the most successful SA gospel artists. Her album Dwala lami sold more than 200 000 copies-(Multi platinum, Jesu uyalalela also sold more than 200 000 copies.
Others SA Gospel Celebs are;
– Benjamin Dube
– Lundi Tyamara
– Judith Sephuma
– Ntokozo Bambo
– Solly Mahlangu
– Sifiso Ncwane
– We will Worship
Below are a list of some top South Africa Gospel Songs ;
Joyous Celebration — My God Is Good
Joyous Celebration — Ubuhle Bezulu
Keke — Checheche
Oleseng — Morena Ha Ore Yalo
Benjamin Dube — Eh Yaweh
Malaika — Roma Nna
Vuyo Mokoena — Khomelela
Mthunzi Namba — Come Down
Vuyo Mokoena — Ketla Ho Wena
Joyous Celebration — Bonang Ho Hlahile Maru
Benjamin Dube — Ngiyakuthanda
Lusanda Spiritual Group — Abanye Bayawela
Sipho Makhabane — Ngiyamemeza
Vuyo Mokoena — Avulek’Amazulu