Established in 2010, The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is the leading philanthropy in Africa championing entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs across the continent.
The Foundation’s long-term investment in empowering African entrepreneurs is emblematic of Tony Elumelu’s philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions Africa’s private sector, and most importantly entrepreneurs, as the catalyst for the social and economic development of the continent.
The Foundation’s flagship initiative, the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, is a 10-year, $100 million commitment to identify, train mentor and fund 10,000 entrepreneurs, capable of changing the face of business across Africa.
7 pillars of TEF ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAMME
– Start-up Enterprise Toolkit
– Online Resources
– Elumelu Entrepreneurship Forum
– Seed Capital Funding
– TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Alumni Network
The pillars have been designed to address the essential needs to ensure success for an African entrepreneur.
TEF Program Eligibility
– Business must be based in Africa
– Business must be for profit
– Business must be 0-3 years’ old
– Applicants must be at least 18 and a legal resident or citizen of an African country
TEEP Criteria for Selection
All applications will be judged on 5 core criteria, which are:
– Feasibility of the business idea.
– Market Opportunity: knowledge and understanding of the market, customers and competitors for their idea/business.
– Financial Understanding: understanding of the basic financial requirements of running a business, costs and revenues.
– Scalability: Demonstrates potential for replication and growth of their product or service to create jobs and wealth.
– Leadership Potential and Entrepreneurial Skills: Demonstrate leadership potential, capable of attracting people, customers and resources.
How to Apply for TEEP 2018
Aplications for the 4th cycle of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme can be done on application.tonyelumelufoundation.org .Outstanding African entrepreneurs who have start-ups or business ideas with high-growth potential are encouraged to apply.
All applications must be submitted ONLINE through the application platform of the TEF Hub . You must complete an application form by answering a series of mandatory questions and uploading additional documents and identification materials.
After submission, you will receive a confirmation email of receipt within 1 working day.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation does not charge any applicants a fee for applying to the programme.
How to apply for TEEP 2018; Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) for Young African Entrepreneurs