In JAMB CAPS Market Place – If a Candidate Rejects or is yet to receive Admission offers in JAMB CAPS Profile, the candidate will then be eligible for the JAMB CAPS Market Place for admission consideration. You can now check the CAPS market place for possible provisional admission offered from other schools.
What is JAMB CAPS Market Place
The Market Place feature in CAPS provides flexibility for the Institutions to source for candidates who may not have earlier chosen the institution for Admission consideration.
The List of Candidates selected from the Market Place are then pushed to JAMB who then notify the Candidates of Market Place consideration by Institutions. Candidate may Accept / Reject Market Place consideration, subject to a maximum of three (3) Market Place considerations at a time.
Benefits and Features of CAP Market Place
The Candidates could also approach the Market Place to announce availability for Admission consideration from any institution or for any programme different from those earlier indicated during the UTME Registration, provided s/he has requisite O’ Level Results and wrote the required subject combination in the UTME.
Any agreement or understanding on Admission consideration between the Institution and candidate based on Market Place operations will have to be effected with a requirement for the Candidate to effect a Change of Institution on the JAMB Portal to be available for Download by the new Institution to follow the subsequent steps in the admission process.
How to Check Jamb Caps Market Place Consideration
- Go to JAMB portal at JAMB eFacility Portal .
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Locate and click on ‘Check 2018 UTME/DE Admission Status’ on CAPS.
- If the page only shows Welcome, do not worry. Just click on the options icon on your phone’s browser (located at the top right corner of the screen on Google Chrome) and change the view of the page from Mobile View to Desktop View.
- Click on Market Place on the left panel.
- After your details have been successfully loaded, check if you have been considered for admission.
Note that accepting doesn’t mean you have been admitted, rather it simply means you have been accepted to be considered for admission by the institution.