- 1. Submitting of JAMB 2018 names of Successful candidates
- 2. JAMB CAPS 2018 Cut Off Marks
- 3. JAMB CAPS Departmental Cut Off Mark
- 4. Trained CAPS Specialist
- 6. CAPS Admission Criteria
- 10. Calculation of Aggregate Score
- 11. CAPS Candidates Ranking
- 12. List of Selected Candidates for 2018 Admission
- 16. Accept / Reject 2018 CAPS Provisional Admission
- 19. Printing of JAMB Admission Letter
- 20. JAMB CAPS Market Place
- Key features of JAMB Central Admission Processing System ( CAPS );
- Top Advantages of JAMB CAPS Admission System
- NOT Admitted in JAMB CAPS Portal/ Market Place
According to the JAMB public relations officer, Dr Fabian Benjamin, “We have designed software known as Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS), where human interference will be completely removed, to promote credibility.
1. Submitting of JAMB 2018 names of Successful candidates
2. JAMB CAPS 2018 Cut Off Marks
3. JAMB CAPS Departmental Cut Off Mark
4. Trained CAPS Specialist
5. JAMB CAPS Policy Meeting
Policy Meeting was held with Heads of Tertiary Institution and Regulators to determine, among others, the General Cut Off Marks for categories of institutions, based on earlier submissions of individual Cut Off marks by the Institutions.
6. CAPS Admission Criteria
Based on requests at the Policy Meeting, JAMB requires each Institution to reconfirm its Cut Off Marks and Sets the Cut Off Mark and other Institution specific parameters such as other Admissions Criteria (e.g. Post UTME Screening) and carrying capacity on CAPS. This is on-going.
Institutions download (from CAPS) details of Candidates that meet the Institution’s and programme’s Cut Off Mark and had selected them as First Choice Institutions. JAMB additionally provides soft copy of the same information on CDs to Institutions.
8. Upload of Result to JAMB Portal
Awaiting Results Candidates upload their results to JAMB Portal
9. 2018 Post UTME Screening of Shortlisted Candidates
Institutions may conduct Post UTME Screenings for downloaded candidates
10. Calculation of Aggregate Score
Results of Post UTME where applicable are uploaded to CAPS to obtain aggregate scores for the candidates
11. CAPS Candidates Ranking
CAPS ranks and suggests candidates that meet the Institution’s Admissions Criteria as configured on the system by the Institution.
12. List of Selected Candidates for 2018 Admission
The Admissions Desk Officer of the Institution reviews the List of the Suggested Candidates and makes the decision as to which candidates to select for further processing. The Admissions Desk Officer generates a List of Proposed Candidates for review and approval of the Head of the Institution
13. The Head of the Institution reviews the List of Proposed Candidates as appropriates and push the List of Recommended Candidates to confirm they are from those initially sent to the Institution; met the Admissions Criteria as advertised.
16. Accept / Reject 2018 CAPS Provisional Admission
JAMB notifies Candidates to Accept / Reject Admission
19. Printing of JAMB Admission Letter
Candidate prints Admission Letter and Proceeds to the Institution for further internal Admission Processing
20. JAMB CAPS Market Place
If Candidate Rejects Admission, she/he becomes available in the Market Place for further possible consideration for Admissions. Read About JAMB CAPS Market Place
Key features of JAMB Central Admission Processing System ( CAPS );
Top Advantages of JAMB CAPS Admission System
NOT Admitted in JAMB CAPS Portal/ Market Place