JAMB recently activated its central admission processing system (CAPS) portal and candidates are now able to check their 2017/18 admission status online. However, they are some important facts which all UTME and Direct entry candidates must know;
1. Majority of UTME and Direct entry candidates have “Not Admitted” notification on the JAMB CAPS Admission Acceptance page. This means their institution of choice is yet to offer the candidate provision admission.
2. Do not be in a haste to click “Accept” in your CAPS Profile. It is advised you wait until you have received an admission notification from the institution of your choice and your admission status changes to “ADMITTED”. It is believed that if you click accept without being offered admission, you have accepted a non-existent Admission.
3. UTME and DE candidates will see both both “ACCEPT” and “DECLINE” options when their institution of choice releases it admission list.
4. Candidate who have already accepted a provisional admission will no longer be placed in the “JAMB CAPS MARKET PLACE”.
5. Candidates who see “NOT Admitted” will surely be placed in the CAPS MARKET PLACE. i.e waiting for schools that couldn’t meet up with their Admission Quota to admit you on request 6. For those that their Admission Status reads “RECOMMENDED”, the possible meaning to that is though your school of choice has considered you for admission, JAMB is still reviewing your admission to ensure it complies with all the necessary criteria put in place by your school of choice and JAMB