This post will list out the cost of clearing cars in Tin can port, Cotonou(Seme Border), Apapa Port and other ports to deliver them to the client in Nigeria. Charges such as Nigerian custom duty charge on imported cars, port charges and Clearing agent charges will also need to be paid for this to be successfully carried out.
Majority of the cars imported into Nigeria come from Cotonou, licensed clearing agent go there and settle all taxes like import duties, then deliver the cars to their clients in Nigeria. Custom Import duty and taxes are charges paid to the government for importing goods into Nigeria whether by a private individual or a commercial entity. Vehicles from other port such as Tin Can come from overseas and still have similar clearing charges. These are some of the facts you’ll need known if you’re considering shipping and clearing a car in Nigeria.
Nigerian Import Duty Tariff
In a move to make Nigerians patronize locally manufactured vehicle the Nigerian Government raised the tariff on imported cars. This was done in 2014 with the aim of creating employment and a wide range of technologically advanced manufacturing opportunities.
In the old tariff, the factor that was used to determine the import duty tax was based on the year which the car was manufactured. For example a car that was manufactured in 2016 would attract a higher tariff than a car that was manufactured in 2008. Then the average cost of clearing new and used Commercial Buses, Trucks, Jeep/SUV’S and Cars in Nigeria were structured like;
2011-2012: N800, 000 and above.
2010-2012:N900, 000 and above.
Commercial Buses (10-15 Passengers)
However, in this new tariff which fully took effect in 2015, the cost price of the car is the factor which determines the import duty tax for clearing it. In this system, a 35% duty and a 35% levy tax on the cost of the vehicle will be used. That is a total of 70% on all imported new or used vehicle meaning a car which was purchased for N3 000,000 will need N2,100,000 to be cleared.
Clearing your car in Nigeria can be hectic, however this depends on so many factors. Always make sure you using a reliable clearing agent. Some agents are very dubious and try to look for alternative means to get the job done without paying tax to the appropriate authorities.
Below are the cost of clearing the following cars at Seme Border. Some fees includes port charges, custom duties, and clearing agent charges.
- VW brand Buses – 350
- 200o Toyota Yaris Verso 1.3 litres engine – 200
- 2004 Toyota Siena – 350
- 2010 Total Siena – This is subject to evaluation
- 2007 Ford Edge – 900 or less
- Corolla 2003 | 2006 | 2008 model – 350 – 450 – 600 respectively
- Toyota Camry 2003 | 2007 | 2008– 370, 600 and 600 respectively
- Mazda 6 2004 Model – Between 430 – 500
- 2003 Passat Volkswagen – 380
- 2001 Benz ML 430 – 450
- 2003 Toyota Highlander – 450
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Hyundai Elantra – 1.3m
- Salvage 2015 Mazda 3 SV – 2M
- 2003 Hyundai Sonata – 350k
- Acura MDX 2007/2008/2009 – 700 / 850/ 980 respectively
- 2011 Volkswagen CC – 1.2M
- 2010 Camry Hybrid – 1.1M
- 1994 Toyota 4 Runner – 450
- Mitsubishi Carisma 2005 Model – 380
- Toyota Corolla 2006 – 400
- Ford Focus 2012 – 1.4
- 2010 Toyota Venza – 1.1m
- 2006 Land Rover Range Sport – 1.5m
- Lexus RX300 2001 – 420
- Ford Focus Salon Car 2003 Model – 340
- Acura TSX 2004 Model – 380
- Kia Optima 2012 and KIA Spectra 2006 – 1.2M | 500k respectively
This list will be updated frequently.
Thanks for visiting, don’t forget to share. Also kindly Bookmark this Blog and visit again.