Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria – 2016
1. Al-hikmah University, Ilorin N85, 000 – N750, 000
2. Obong University, Obong Ntak N 180, 000 – N200, 000
3. Rhema University, Aba N200, 000
4. Babcock University, Ilishan Remo N 210,000 – N490, 000
5. Adeleke University, Ede N 350, 000
6. Covenant University, Ota N800, 000
7. Crawford University, Igbesa N 450, 000
8. Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji N480, 000 – N550, 000
9. Ajayi Crowther University, OYO N440, 000 – N550, 000
10. Lead City University, Ibadan N100, 000 – N 570, 000
11. Oduduwa University, Ile-Ife N157, 000 – N200, 000
12. Cresent University, Abeokuta N210, 000 – N370,000
13. Fountain University, Oke Osun N350, 000
Best 10 private universities in Nigeria in 2016
According to the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria has 50 approved private universities located in various part of the country. Although, their fees are on the high side but each year thousands of student still apply for admission into various programmes.
Below is a list of the best 10 private universities in Nigeria in 2016 according to the recent rankings by the Webometrics.
1. Landmark University, Omu-Aran
Surprisingly, Landmark University tops the list. It was founded by Dr. David Oyedepo. The university was established and licensed by the NUC in 2011. It currently has 3 major colleges. Landmark University also ranks as the 4th best university in Nigeria.
2. Covenant University, Ota
Convenant university is without doubt one of the best universities in Nigeria. The university has been licensed and approved by the NUC since 2002. Compared to other universities on this list, its fee is about the cheapest. CU also ranks as the 5th best university in Nigeria.
3. Madonna University, Okija
Madonna is the 1stprivate university in Nigeria. It was founded it 1999 and now has 3 campuses in Nigeria. The university has a large number of students currently enrolled into different programmes such as Law, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy and so on. Madonna University is also one of the few private universities in Nigeria that has a teaching hospital.
4. Redeemer’s University, Mowe
Redeemer’s University was established in 2005 and currently has about 2000 students. It’s said that the school offers a high standard of education, which explains why it is one of the most the expensive private universities in Nigeria. The fees ranges from N500,000 – N650,000 per annum. The university currently ranks 19thin amongst universities in Nigeria.
5. Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU), Ikeji-Arakeji
JABU was established in 2006. The university runs both undergraduate and post-graduate programmes and at the time of this post is currently enrolling students in various degree awarding programmes. Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU), Ikeji-Arakeji is a ranked 25th in Nigeria.
6. Veritas University, Abuja
Veritas is catholic university which was founded in 2007. The university obtained full accreditation for all it programmes in 2012. Veritas offers bachelor degree for science, art and commercial programmes. Some of the courses offered are – B.Sc Industrial Chemistry, B.Sc Marketing and Advertising, B.Sc. Political Science and Diplomacy.
7. Pan-Atlantic University, LekkiFormerly known and Pan-African University was founded in 2002. The institution offers only post-graduate programmes all of which are approved by the NUC. However Pan-Atlantic University is now set to commence undergraduate programmes starting from September 2014. Some of the courses it will offer are; Business Administration, Accountancy and Mass Communication.
8. Bingham University, Auta-Balefi, Karu
Bingham University was founded in 2005; it is located in the northern part of Nigeria. All of the university’s undergraduate programmes are approved by NUC. Some of the courses offered in Bingham University are Biochemistry, Political Science, Computer Science and more. Admission is currently on in the university.
9. American University Nigeria (ABTI), Yola
ABTI is one of the most expensive universities in Nigeria; the university uses an American academic structure and curriculum. It was established in 2005. ABTI has 3 colleges; which are School of Arts and Science, School of Business and Enterpreneurship and School of Information Tecnology and Communication.
10. AFE Babalola University, Ado EkitiThis is another university which is said to be quite expensive. According to recent reports, the fee ranges from N675,000 – N1,075,000. The university was established in 2009. All AFE Babalola University programmes are accredited by the NUC. Admission is currently going on.
Other Universities that almost made the list are Baze University, Abuja | Lead City, Ibadan | Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island. Interestingly, some of these university above are known to some as the cheapest private universities in Nigeria today.
Most Expensive Private Universities in Nigeria
The tuition fees of Private universities in Nigeria have seriously increased over the years. The fees of this university ranges from N350,000 – N3,000,000. But that doesn’t stop thousands of undergraduates from enrolling to study various degree awarding programmes.
Universities in Nigeria with the highest school fees are;
American University Nigeria – Like I said earlier, the school operates with an American standard, it also has an American academic curriculum. ABTI is located in the northern part of the country and has both international and Nigeria students, these students all pay their fees in US Dollars. The fees of ABTI is said to be about N1.2M.
Babcock University – Babcock is one of the 1stprivate universities in Nigeria, it was accredited by the NUC over 15 year ago and the population of it students rapidly increased over time. The university makes the list of the most expensive schools in Nigeria today as the fees for the its academics programme ranges from N600,000 – N3M.
AFE Babalola University – The University was accredited by the NUC in 2009, the school is located in Ado, Ekiti. Afe Babalola University has thousands of students currently studying for degrees in Engineering, Health Science, Social Management and Science. The fee structure of the university ranges from N650,000 – N1M
Igbinedion University – Igbinedion University was accredited by the NUC in 1999. And has all it courses approved, the school offers many courses but of all its programme Medicine, Engineering and Law are said to be the most expensive. The fees of Igbinedion University is between N500,000 – N800,000.
Bowen University – The University is located in Iwo, Osun State. It’s owned by the Nigeria Baptist Convention. Bowen University offers both undergraduate and Post-Graduates programmes in its campus. The fee structure for its undergraduate programmes is between N500,000 – N750,000.
Crawford University – This is a Christian university which is owned by the Apostolic Faith Mission. Crawford was licensed in 2005 by the NUC and has about five colleges. The school is located in Ogun state and has students from all over the country studying various programmes in the university. The school fee range is between N350,000 – N600,000.
Redeemers University – Redeemer’s University was established in 2005 and currently has a large number of students. It’s said that the school offers a high standard of education, which explains why it is one of the most the expensive private universities in Nigeria. The fees ranges from N500,000 – N650,000 per annum. The university currently ranks 19th in amongst universities in Nigeria.
Thanks for visiting, don’t forget to share. Also kindly Bookmark this Blog and visit again.