This post will provide NDA 2018/2019 admission information for the NDA 70th Regular Course admission processes such Screening Test dates, List of NDA screening test centre, NDA Centre Selection and how to Print NDA Exam Cards.
Update on NDA 2018 Screening Test
Centre selection for NDA Screening Test is now open. Shortlisted applicants are requested to log on to the application portal, choose their Screening Test Centre and print the examination card. The window for selection of Screening Test Centres is from 29 April – 8 May 2018.
NDA Screening Test would take place on 19 May 2018. Candidates should also note that Centre Selection/Printing of Exam Cards would close by midnight 8th May 2018.
List of NDA Exam Screening Centres in Nigeria
- Adamawa – Govt Day Secondary School Opposite HQ 23 Armd Bde, Yola
- Borno – Command Secondary School, Maimalari Cantonment, Maiduguri
- Edo – Army Day Secondary School NASST, Benin
- Enugu – Command Day Secondary School, Abakpa Barracks, Enugu
- FCT – Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks, Abuja
- Imo – Holy Ghost College, Owerri
- Kano – Army Day Secondary School Bukavu
- Kaduna – Nigerian Defence Academy, Old Site, Ribadu Campus, Kaduna
- Kwara – Nigerian Army School of Education (NASE) Ilorin
- Lagos – Command Children’s School/ Command Day Secondary School, Ikeja Cantonment, Lagos
- Lagos – Command Secondary School, Ojo, Lagos
- Oyo – Command Day Secondary School Odogbo, Ibadan
- Plateau – Command Secondary School Zaria Road Jos
- Rivers – Command Secondary School Bori Camp, Port Harcourt
NDA 70th Regular Course Admission Requirements
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website / applications portal, as well as in the JAMB Brochure and website. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal. Please note that working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage to applicants
To be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must have the following:
i. Minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) or GCE ‘O’ Level obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices.
ii. Credit in English Language and Mathematics.
iii. At least two supporting relevant credits to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences while that of Faculty of Science is shown in the columns for compulsory and relevant credits. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
iv. Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old as at the month of August in the year of entry into the Academy (2019). Note that candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry, and also the Nigerian Army has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
v. Must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.58 metres for female.
vi. Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
vii. Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
viii. Present a Certificate of State of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigeneship from the Office of the State Governor.
ix. Working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage.
Furthermore, candidates are to note the following:
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted.
- Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
iii. Currently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, and is limited to Navy and Army in the case of female candidates: : :