Batch B 2018 Mobilization Timetable
The NYSC Mobilization Timetable for 2018 Batch B has is yet to be released. Check Back Later.
Date for On-line Printing of Call-up Letters (stream 1 and 2)
The online Printing of call-up letter will be announced soon.
Online Registration Requirements/Guidelines
In this is post, I will listing out some very important registration guidelines which prospective corp members should take note of;
To register, re-mobilize or re-validate, visit either of the NYSC registration portal listed below;
Then follow the instruction carefully, also take note of the instruction below;
1. Make you use an active phone number. The mobile number registered will be used by NYSC to contact you via text message.
2. Make sure you used a valid email address. A confirmation mail will be sent to verify your mail. Also check your spam folder for the NYSC confirmation mail if you don’t get it in your inbox. Your green card will also be sent to your email.
3. Do your registration yourself or make sure you cross-check your details if you are going to be assisted by the café operator.
4. Your NYSC Green Card and Call up letter, Must be printed in colored
5. PCM’s should note that a fee of N3,000 will be charged for the printing of call up letters online. However, this is not compulsory because you can also get it for FREE from your institution.
6. Be sure you complete your biometric verification. If for some reason your thumb print is not being recognize, try a different biometric device. DO NOT LET SOMEONE ELSE DO IT FOR YOU.
7. PCM’s will have the options to choose from 4 geopolitical zone. Note that you can not be sent to your state of origin and the state your graduated from.
8. When preparing for orientation, make sure your come along with your call-up letter (original), school ID, medical fitness paper from a government hospital and original statement of result (Do not laminate).
Also ensure the following;
*. Matric Number (Locally Trained Gradautes)
*. Ensure Name is on the Senate or Academic Board Approved Result lists
*. O’Level Certificate
*. First Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate;
*. First Degree or HND transcript
* Married PCMs will need marriage certificates, change of name evidence and utility bill of partners residence.
* Evaluation Letter (Foreign graduates from schools were accreditation is in doubt)
*. Data page of international travelling passport (Foreign Graduates Only)
*. In your Passport ensure;
– Your face is shown completely without any disguise.
– The picture must be in the center of the passport frame.
– The background of the photo must be white.
How to Pay using REMITA
The NYSC has announced a new payment option for prospective corp members. Payment will now be made using the Remita Pay engine and the proccess can be easily be done via the NYSC official portal by following the instructions HERE
How to Verify Institution Senate List
To check if your school submitted your name to NYSC for mobilization, follow the procedures HERE
How to Get NYSC Evaluation Letter
The NYSC has made it compulsory for foreign graduates from higher institutions whose accreditation is in doubt to upload a letter of evaluation during mobilization. – Read More
How to NYSC Print Call Up Letter
The Online Printing of call-up letter will take place from 12th to 15th April, 2018. To learn how to Login the NYSC Portal and Print your call up Letter – Click HERE
Items You Shouldn’t Forget to Take to NYSC Camp
If you are preparing for NYSC orientation there are some very important items which prospective corps members shouldn’t forget to pack when going for the mandatory 3 weeks orientation at their NYSC camps. – Read More
Correction of Date of Birth
It has been noticed that most prospective corp members have issues with Date of Birth, Change of Course and making payment during their NYSC registration. In this post, I will be giving solutions to these problems – See Solution HERE
1. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION
The Originals and photocopies of the following documents are required for registration and mobilization of foreign-trained graduates into the National Youth Service Corps (please note that downloaded Certificates/Transcripts, Statement of result and Attestation letters are not acceptable)
i. First university degree or HND certificate
ii. Complete official transcription of the First Degree or HND course
iii. Mark sheet (for Indian universities only)
iv. O’level certificate i.e WASC, GCE, SSCE, NECO, IGCE ,GCSE, high school diploma for those schooled in USA e.t.c
Note That Online result Print-out is not acceptabe in place of the original certificate
v. Candidates must obtain credit in not less than five(5) subjects (including English and mathematics) in not less than two(2) sittings
vi. Please note that persons who did a ‘Top up’ programme/Course are required to upload their foundation Certificate e.g APTECH, OND, NIIT, INFORMATICTS etc
vii. Medical doctors and optometrists are required to produce in addition, evidence of completion of housemanship, registration certificate with the medical and dental council of Nigeria/Optometrists Association of Nigeria as applicable.
viii. Pharmacists shall produce in addition, evidence of completion of internship and registration certificate with Pharmacists council of Nigeria
ix. Nurses are to present original Licence and Certificate of registration with the Nursing/Midwifery council of Nigeria
x. Medical Laboratory Scientists are also to present their Licence and certificate of registration with Medical laboratory scientists Council of Nigeria.
2. TRAVEL DOCUMENT: NIGERIAN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT SHOWING CLEARLY:
i. Entry visa to the country of study
ii. First Departure Date from Nigeria
iii. Date of return to Nigeria after the period of study
iv. Date page of the passport
v. Graduates with dual nationality are required to Up-load Data pages of both International Passports and present the Passport for verification at the Camp (where more than one international Passports were used during the period of study, candidates should upload Data Pages of the International Passports
vi. Residence Permit (for Graduates from Institutions located within West African Countries Only)
3. LOSS OF INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
In the event of loss of international passport, a prospective Corps Member is expected to obtain the following:
i. Police and Immigration reports from the country where the Passport got missing
ii. Sworn affidavit
iii. Evidence of stay in country of study and a New International Passport
iv. Personal Data page of the newly obtained International Passport must be uploaded
4. LOSS OF ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS: For loss of academic credentials, the following are required:
i. Police Report
ii. Sworn Affidavit
iii. Confirmation of result from either the examination body (for loss of O’level certificates) or the institution of graduation (for loss of degree, HND, certificates as the case may be).
5. Certificates not written in English Language must be translated at the Embassy of the country of study or a University in Nigeria where the language is studied, before presentation to the NYSC.
6. Special Note:
i. Holders of Diploma of Higher Education and Higher Certificate of Education are not qualified for mobilization. Therefore, they need not register
ii. Attestation Letter, Letter of completion of course To Whom It May Concern letter or any related document is not acceptable in lieu of Degree or HND Certificate.
iii. Statements of Results are also not acceptable in lieu of any certificate
iv. Please note that NYSC Management reserves the right to refer to Federal Ministry of Education for Verification, any institution or document which status is questionable
v. Married women would be deployed to the State where their husbands are domiciled, provided their marriage certificates, Husband’s Identification, e.g. Drivers License, International Passport, National ID Card and evidences of change of name are Uploaded/Presented
vi. Physical verification of all credentials uploaded by foreign Graduates will take place at the Orientation Camp
vii. Foreign Trained Corps Members should not send their credentials home after preliminary registration in the Camp until the credentials are physically verified by duly assigned officer(s) from National Youth Service Corps, National Directorate Headquarters Abuja. Foreign trained Corps Members should also remain in the camp until their credentials are physically verified
viii. Any Foreign trained Corps Member who is relocated must show evidence of physical verification of his/her credentials before he/she is registered in the state of relocation
ix. Oxford Brookes, Professional Certificates, Correspondence Courses and Certificates through online courses are not acceptable
x. Scanned, online print out or photocopies of Credentials are not acceptable
xi. Foreign graduates who are Exempted from Service must present all academic credentials and International Passport uploaded for physical verification at the Evaluation Division, Corps Mobilization Department, National youth Service Corps, National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja before Exemption Certificate is issued
xii. Foreign graduates who are excluded from Service must also present all academic credentials and International Passport uploaded for physical verification at the Evaluation Division, Corps Mobilization Department, National Youth Service Corps, National Directorate Headquarters, Abuja before Exclusion Letter is printed online