A lot of students today still find it difficult to calculate their grade point average; I think this is sad and appalling. Most students just carry on without even knowing their overall performance. I over-heard some students in my school talking about this and I thought I should help out.
So today I’m going to show how it’s done and also give out some hints to help achieve academic success. Unfortunately there is no universal way to calculate grade point average; various methods vary by country and institution.
How to Calculate Your GPA
I’m using the Grading System of my school (HNAUB) for this example
The table below shows the Courses offered, the Units and the Grades a Student Scored in a Semester
· Add up the Total Units for that semester. (3+3+3+3+3+3)=18Units
· Multiply Your Grade Point By Each Of The Course Unit
· Add up ‘Unit x Point’ (8.01 + 6.00 + 6.99 + 3.00 + 12.00 + 9.00)= 45
· Now divide your result by the total units for that semester (45/18)=2.5
So 2.5 is GPA of that student for that semester, its not poor but its not cool either, that why I’m going to be sharing some tips on how to improve your grades. If you have just calculated your grade point average and the result is not quite impressive, cheer up, you can always work harder. Below are some hints to help achieve academic success.
1. Go to Class, Regularly: – This is the most important of all, It will enable you acquire a firm knowledge, which will be used to excel in your studies. Most students feel there are other alternatives to this but they are wrong. This factor is the key to a successful semester.
2. Study for about 3hours daily: – Form the habit of reading continuously daily, you can do this by making a reading timetable. Its will be of great benefit to you if you can take out 3hours of your time each day to study. Challenge your-self today by doing this.
3. Join a Tutorial: – This will help explore your Knowledge, Comprehension and Conceptual understanding of a subject. By joining a tutorial you can make personal contact with your tutor by asking questions which you couldn’t ask in class. This method has proven to be very successful
4. Be Organized and Resourceful: – Get and keep all study materials such as textbook and past question carefully, as there will always come in handy and learn to make use of the school library and the internet to acquire more knowledge.
5. Make Smart and Focused Friends:– Most students get distracted by joining the wrong crowd, most especially freshers. Don’t waste valuable times hanging around the wrong set of friends, Make friends who would influence you positively, either by helping you out in your academics or by giving you good advice.
SOSMAIT Updates: How to Calculate Your GPA and Tips to Improve It http://t.co/tgjFJqDPLb
— eCollegeFinder (@eCollegeFinder) February 10, 2014
Was this information helpful? Then don’t forget to LIKE or Share it. You can also Follow this Blog on Twitteror like our Page on Facebook.