Hello, if this post was helpful, Kindly use 4 seconds to LIKE or Share it.
Stretch Marks can be very annoying especially when they appear in areas of the body where they are easily visible. These marks may appear on Men and Women as a result of fat or muscles. They form in the dermis or middle layer of the skin which is the base of the skin cell.
Although stretch marks are harmless, but the fact remains that they are unsightly. The areas in the body which stretch marks usually occur are Arms, Legs, Breast, Back or the Inner Thighs because the skin around these area is subject to rapid stretching. This may explain why skinny people may also have stretch marks in some parts of their body.
Causes of Stretch Marks on the Skin
Pregnancy is one of the major causes of stretch marks in women. Below are some of reasons why stretch mark appear on the skin;
Sudden gain or loss in weight.
Changes in Physical Conditions.
Method of Treating Stretch Marks
Surgical Stretch Marks Removal (Laser) - This method is very expensive but has proven to be the best method for stretch mark removal. Tummy Tuck, or Abdominoplasty is another effective surgical method. This is a cosmetic surgery procedure for stretch mark removal.
Natural Method - This method involves the use of natural remedies and creams to clear stretch marks. Although they are not very effective, because all they do basically is to decrease stretch marks appearance on the skin but its so far the cheapest method for stretch marks removal.
Getting Rid of Stretch Marks
They are various ways which one can naturally cure stretch marks without using surgical treatment. However it is still highly recommended that you take vitamins, exercise and hydrate your body regularly.
Below are some home remedies for clearing skin stretch marks;
- Castor Oil: Castor Oil has various health benefits for the skin, hair, and also human health. Some of the benefits of castor oil for Skin are;
Prevents Stretch Marks, Fights Signs Of Aging, Reduces Acne, Moles, Darks Spot etc.
Therefore Massaging the affected area gently with castor oil and a hot cloth can help clear skin stretch marks.
Also Read: Best Spa in Ikeja, Lagos
- Aloe Vera: Applying Aloe Vera Gel to stretch marks can help decrease the appearance because it has natural healing and soothing properties. Do this and leave for 15mins then rinse off with warm water.
- Egg White: The amino acids and proteins contained in egg white can be used to remove stretch mark. This is done by applying egg white on the affected parts of the skin, leaving it for some minutes to dry, then rinse off.
- Lemon Juice: Lemons are have proven to be very effective for lightening the colour of stretch marks and speeding up the natural fading process. To many, this is regarded as the best home remedy for treating stretch.
To use, Dip a cotton ball in freshly squeezed lime juice, apply on the stretch marks and massage till it dries off. Leave overnight and wash it off in the morning. Also a mixture of cucumber juice and lemon juice applied on the skin can help get rid of stretch marks.
- Sugar: Sugar is another home remedy which can be used to exfoliate your skin. It also aids in stretch mark removal. To use, make a mixture of sugar with some almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice, then gently rub on the skin stretch marks. Leave it for minutes to dry, then wash.
- Potatoes Juice: Potatoes are rich in vitamins and minerals that aid skin cell restoration and growth. To use, slick up a potatoes and rub on the skin, ensuring the 'juice' completely covers all the stretch mark area. Leave to dry and rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
Note that all methods should be done regularly for weeks in order for changes to take effect.